Whois Data Extraction Tokens
Accurately obtain data from raw whois text
Watch My Domains SED uses a highly customizable scheme for obtaining various data from whois records. This is done through what we call string tokens that identify key data elements.
In most cases a manual configuration or customization is not required. However, you may need to do a manual configuration in some rare cases.
The following section describes the configuration of extraction tokens for the
You can use the same procedure for other TLDs.
Whois Setup Screen
Whois Setup button in the top toolbar. This will open the
Whois Configuration panel.
You can use the whois setup panel to add support for new TLDs and ccTLDs. You can also edit the settings for any specific whois server.
Changing Data Extraction Settings
Type in a TLD to retrieve it's current settings, and then click the 'Extraction' tab. Please see the screen-shot below.
Enter (or copy and paste)the following extraction codes into the
Extraction Tokens box and then click the
Submit Changes button.
To learn more about the extraction tokens, please see here.
Parsing the domains after a Configuration Change.
If you make whois configuration changes, you will need to parse the whois data again. You also need to do this only for the specific domains. Assume that you made some data extraction changes for the IT TLD. You can bring up a list of only IT domains by typing in
into the search filter box for
domain column. Once all the
it domains are displayed,
select them all by checking the selection box at the top. Now parse all the selected domains using the
Parse Domain Whois button at the footer of the domain table.
Global Extraction Tokens
Global extraction tokens are applied to all whois server outputs. This is useful when you want to extract data for your custom columns from the whois output.
To set the global extraction tokens, type in '*' (without the quotes) into the whois server box and press enter. Then specify the extraction tokens and click 'Submit Chnages'.
- User Guide Home
- Technical Changes in v3
- What's New in v3
- How to Upgrade
- Download & Installation
- Auto Installation on Digital Ocean
- The Cron Job
- Windows Task Scheduler
- Troubleshoot the Installation
- Adding & Removing Domains
- Uploading CSV Data
- Handling Domain Lookups
- Managing Domain Categories
- Bulk Actions on Random Domains
- Domain Display Filters
- Custom Auto Queries
- Subdomains and DNS
- Subdomains and SSL
- TXT / DKIM Scanner
- Subdomain Manager
- Custom Data Columns
- Whois Configuration
- Whois Extraction Tokens
- Historical Whois Data
- Report Generation
- Enable Email Alerts
- Monitor Changes in DNS Records
- Download CSV Reports
- Custom SQL Queries - How To
- Manually Editing Data
- Password Protect the Application
- Create and Administer Users
- Enable Two Factor Authentication (2FA)
- Refresh Domain Data at Regular Intervals
- Monitor Domain Home Page for Text Tokens
- Specify what Lookups should happen by default
- Branding the Installation
- Customize Colors and Font of Domain Table
- Integrating Estibot Data
- Integrating MOZ Data
- How to backup the MySQL database
- Install on Multiple Servers (Pro)
- Auto-Update on Multiple Servers (Pro)
- License Code Setup - Std Edition
- Screen Shots - Themes
- Frequently Asked Questions
A credit card is not required for downloading the trial version.