Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used.
What Information Does Softnik Technologies ("softnik") Collect?
At Softnik we use your data very sparingly and you can visit the websites of Softnik without revealing any personally identifiable information about yourself.
Softnik collects information from you:
- When you contact our email support, we log the email you send us in our helpdesk system.
- When you subscribe to any announcements or newsletters we collect the information in the form you submitted when you clicked on the 'Subscribe' button.
- When you purchase a license for our software, Softnik collects the information you submitted to complete the purchase, which includes your email, name, mailing address and other details.
- When you visit our websites, Softnik collects information through the standard Apache web log files and through the use of an open source analytics application, Matomo, installed on our server. We analyze this data for trends and statistics to help us improve the content of our site. All IP addresses are anonymized before any analysis. The Apache log files are automatically deleted after 5 weeks. Matomo has been configured to honor the 'Do Not Track' setting in your browser. Please see the 'Cookies' section below for more details.
What does Softnik use your information for?
- Softnik never sells, shares or transfers your personal information to outside parties, except as required by law.
- Softnik does not collect or store credit card information. All credit card processing is done by our e-commerce reseller partners.
- The information we collect on you is stored on Softnik's systems and servers, with security controls to ensure it is accessible only to people who need this access to support you.
- Softnik uses your email address only for the specific purpose for which you gave it to us.
- We do not contact you except in response to your support request, or to send notifications or newsletters to which you have explicitly subscribed, or notifications of awards for contests, if any, in which you explicitly participated. You can unsubscribe from any notification or newsletter at any time using the link at the bottom of each message.
- When you purchase a license for our software, we only use your email address to send your license information, or to retrieve information if you contact our support to request details related to your purchase.
- When you contact Softnik customer service or technical support, we use details you give us about your system and software, or images you send us, only to provide you with support. We may also use them internally for testing and product improvement purposes. We do not use them for any other purpose unless you give us explicit permission to use them in some other way.
Cookies are small pieces of information that a website transmits to your web browser (if you allow it) which are stored on your computer. This information allows the website to recognize you when you return.
Cookies that are used by the "Softnik" are referred to as "first-party cookies" and those that are used by our partners are "third-party cookies". Because of how cookies work, our website cannot access third-party cookies; nor can other organizations access the data in the cookies we use on our website. No personally identifiable information is stored in the cookies set by "softnik". You may also configure your browser to disable cookies set by Softnik.
Cookies may be set by our e-commerce providers (Fastspring & PayPal) when you purchase a software or service through them. These cookies are normally required to complete the purchase.
Downloadable Software Products
All our software products are digitally signed and authenticated to ensure that it hasn't been altered or corrupted. Windows will identify the publisher as Softnik Technologies. Our products will never install any tracking software on your system or collect personal information about you and your browsing habits. Our software does not "spy" on other programs you run or web sites you visit.
Private membership sites
Software products that include access to one or more private membership sites may contain a quick access button. Clicking the button will open the default Internet browser and automatically log you in to the private membership area. A valid authentication is required for this purpose. This is done by sending, to the server, a simple encrypted signature containing the current time-stamp and an anonymized hash-key of your product registration keycode that was supplied to you after purchase. This does not identify you on our server and is applicable only if you have purchased a software product that includes access to one or more private membership sites and have successfully registered the software on your computer using the registration keycode provided by us.
Oversight or Questions
Relevant Third Party Policies
This policy was last updated on September 22 2020.