Installing Watch My Domains SED v3
Please make sure that your web server meets the following basic requirements
- Linux, Windows or Mac OS X
- SSH (Secure Shell) access or Cron job management
- Web Server (Apache is recommended)
- PHP 5.3.0 or above
- PHP mb_string module
- MySQL 5.x
- ionCube Loader installed on server (only for demo, basic and standard editions, not required for professional edition) Basic knowledge of Linux, SSH, crontab, server installation, etc.
It is possible to automatically install Watch My Domains SED on a fresh Digital Ocean droplet.
Please continue below if you are not installing on Digital Ocean droplet or if you want to do it yourself anyway.
Download and Install Watch My Domains SED
You can download Watch My Domains SED from here. If you purchased the professional edition, use the download link that was provided to you at the time of purchase.
Unpack the contents of the wmdsed-xx-xx-xx.zip into a folder on your web server. Make sure that the folder is web-accessible.
Make sure that you have access to a MySQL database. You should have the database name, a valid username and a password.
If you are installing for the first time, copy or rename the file config-sample.php in the root of the base folder to config.php.
Open config.php and add the database name, user name and password. Save the configuration file.
Skip to the
Run and test application section below.
Using SSH to install
The fastest way to install is by using a secure shell to connect to your server and using wget to get the download pack. Use unzip to unpack the contents directly into your web site folder.
As an example, you could do something like...
cd /home/softnik/sites/ wget --content-disposition https://domainpunch.com/sed/wmdsed30_trial.zip.php unzip wmdsed30_trial.zip cd wmdsed30 cp config-sample.php config.php nano config.php
Run and Test the application
At this point you should be able to see the application interface at
You can click the "+" button to add domains.
Add a cron entry for processing the lookup queue
The application processes the lookup queue using the runq.php script. So this should be executed at periodic intervals. You can do this using a cron job.
Please see the 'ReadMe.Txt' file in the root of the base folder for sample crontab entries or see the link below.
Trouble shooting the installation
Use the test script to check your installation. This is located at...
Please see the trouble shooting guide for more details.
- User Guide Home
- Technical Changes in v3
- What's New in v3
- How to Upgrade
- Download & Installation
- Auto Installation on Digital Ocean
- The Cron Job
- Windows Task Scheduler
- Troubleshoot the Installation
- Adding & Removing Domains
- Uploading CSV Data
- Handling Domain Lookups
- Managing Domain Categories
- Bulk Actions on Random Domains
- Domain Display Filters
- Custom Auto Queries
- Subdomains and DNS
- Subdomains and SSL
- TXT / DKIM Scanner
- Subdomain Manager
- Custom Data Columns
- Whois Configuration
- Whois Extraction Tokens
- Historical Whois Data
- Report Generation
- Enable Email Alerts
- Monitor Changes in DNS Records
- Download CSV Reports
- Custom SQL Queries - How To
- Manually Editing Data
- Password Protect the Application
- Create and Administer Users
- Enable Two Factor Authentication (2FA)
- Refresh Domain Data at Regular Intervals
- Monitor Domain Home Page for Text Tokens
- Specify what Lookups should happen by default
- Branding the Installation
- Customize Colors and Font of Domain Table
- Integrating Estibot Data
- Integrating MOZ Data
- How to backup the MySQL database
- Install on Multiple Servers (Pro)
- Auto-Update on Multiple Servers (Pro)
- License Code Setup - Std Edition
- Screen Shots - Themes
- Frequently Asked Questions
A credit card is not required for downloading the trial version.