Adding Moz (SEOmoz) Information to Data Columns
Custom Data in Watch My Domains SED
Watch My Domains SED comes with a SED-SDK PHP library that allows you to add custom data to the domain database or retrieve data from the domain database. This article demonstrates the use of SED-SDK library and Moz API to add support for Moz data in the domain table.
Don't worry, there is no coding involved. The
latest version of Watch My Domains SED includes the required script (
moz.php) in the
The Extra data Columns
Moz provides separate data for the domain and "www." versions of the domain. So the script creates the following extra data columns.
moz_www_pa - Moz Page Authority
moz_www_da - Moz Domain Authority
moz_www_links - Moz External Link Count
moz_www_rank - Moz Rank
moz_checked_at - The Lookup timestamp for Moz Data
The MOZ Integration Script
config-sample.php file in the
lib/php/thirdparty/ folder and edit it to
include the MOZ credentials. You can obtain the MOZ credentials from here.
Then save it as
config.php in the same folder.
moz.php as a cronjob at regular intervals.
What moz.php does
Every time you run
moz.php, it will...
- Create the extra columns (moz_pa, moz_da, etc.) if they are missing.
- Check if the MOZ data for any of the domains require a refresh. You can specify how often the MOZ data should be refreshed. For example, you can make the script update the MOZ data every 2 months.
- Update the MOZ data for 'N' domains. The number of domains it refreshes ('N') is configurable. By default it is 5.
You should run moz.php as a cron job (set it to run every 5 minutes or so).
If all your domains have been checked for MOZ data and none of them require a refresh, the script will return without doing anything.
d - lookup domains that haven't been looked up (for Moz data) within the last 'd' days. Set d=1 for refreshing everyday. The default is 30 days.
b - Specify Moz batch size (the number of domains looked up in each batch mode API call). The default is 5 domains. Please note that for a batch size setting of 5, the actual entries in the Moz API call will be 10 (because of the extra "www" lookups).
v - Verbose mode. Show details on screen.
From your browser
As a cron entry that runs every 5 minutes
*/5 * * * * wget -q -O /dev/null "http://example.com/moz.php?d=90" >/dev/null 2>&1
*/5 * * * * php /home/public_html/moz.php d=90 >/dev/null 2>&1
Configure the Application to Display the Columns
You should configure the data columns in Watch My Domains SED interface to display the extra columns. You can do this from the
Basic App Setup.
- User Guide Home
- Technical Changes in v3
- What's New in v3
- How to Upgrade
- Download & Installation
- Auto Installation on Digital Ocean
- The Cron Job
- Windows Task Scheduler
- Troubleshoot the Installation
- Adding & Removing Domains
- Uploading CSV Data
- Handling Domain Lookups
- Managing Domain Categories
- Bulk Actions on Random Domains
- Domain Display Filters
- Custom Auto Queries
- Subdomains and DNS
- Subdomains and SSL
- TXT / DKIM Scanner
- Subdomain Manager
- Custom Data Columns
- Whois Configuration
- Whois Extraction Tokens
- Historical Whois Data
- Report Generation
- Enable Email Alerts
- Monitor Changes in DNS Records
- Download CSV Reports
- Custom SQL Queries - How To
- Manually Editing Data
- Password Protect the Application
- Create and Administer Users
- Enable Two Factor Authentication (2FA)
- Refresh Domain Data at Regular Intervals
- Monitor Domain Home Page for Text Tokens
- Specify what Lookups should happen by default
- Branding the Installation
- Customize Colors and Font of Domain Table
- Integrating Estibot Data
- Integrating MOZ Data
- How to backup the MySQL database
- Install on Multiple Servers (Pro)
- Auto-Update on Multiple Servers (Pro)
- License Code Setup - Std Edition
- Screen Shots - Themes
- Frequently Asked Questions
A credit card is not required for downloading the trial version.