Install and Try 'Watch My Domains SED' for 30 days on a DigitalOcean Cloud Server for Free
This is a fully automated installation of Watch My Domains SED on a bare-bones DigitalOcean droplet. You don't really have to do anything except create a droplet and then map the IP address of your droplet to a hostname (done by logging in to your registrar / DNS provider). The bash script will automatically install Apache, PHP, MariaDB, ionCube loader, Let's Encrypt SSL and anything else required for Watch My Domains SED. It will also create the required cron jobs.
DigitalOcean is a cloud computing solution provider with multiple datacenters all over the world. We will be using DigitalOcean to quickly deploy a droplet, setup the server and then install Watch My Domains SED on it automatically. You don't have to do any technical stuff, everything is taken care of through a script from us.
If you have never used DigitalOcean before you can get a $10 credit by signing up using the following link. That $10 credit is more than enough to evaluate Watch My Domains SED for 30 days. You will need to provide a credit card and billing details to DigitalOcean.
After you signup with a valid credit card, and if you haven't signed up before, you will get a $10 credit in your account.
Create Your Droplet & Install Watch My Domains SED
Create Droplet option to create your droplet. You should select the following options.
- Debian 9.x x64 (latest x64 distribution of Debian)
- Either the 1GB or 2GB Memory Droplet
- Choose any datacenter close to your location / region
Monitoringboxes under 'Select Additional Options'
- Copy and paste the user data (explained below) into the user data box.
- Add an SSH key if you have one and you understand what it means, otherwise ignore.
- Specify the hostname you want to use. Hostname is what you will enter into the browser to access the final installation. You can use whatever you want as long as the corresponding domain belongs to you and you can setup an A record for it at your registrar / DNS provider. A typical hostname could be domains.yourcompany.com.
DigitalOcean will create the droplet and display the IP address of the droplet. Copy it and then go to your registrar / DNS provider and map the hostname to the IP address. Once you are done the hostname should resolve to the IP address of your droplet.
Wait for about 15 minutes, then open https://yourhostname/ in your browser. If everything went well you will see Watch My Domains SED open in your browser.
DigitalOcean allows you to specify a bash script that will be executed automatically after the droplet is created. This allows us to automatically setup the server and then install Watch My Domains SED.
The bash script used for seting up the server and installing Watch My Domains SED is downloaded from
You can view the script by clicking the button below (will open in a new tab).
To setup the server we require two passwords and an email address. One for MySQL root user and another for a Linux
wmdsed (we will be installing the application as the user wmdsed). The email address is
used to register a LetsEncrypt SSL certificate.
Copy and paste the following into the
user data box after inserting the two passwords and your
email address (see screen-shot). You can construct whatever passwords you like but make sure that they are strong.
#!/bin/bash cd /root export MSQLROOTPASS="your_mysql_root_password_here" export WMDSEDPASS="wmdsed_user_password_here" sudo wget https://labs.codepunch.com/dev/bash/debian/wmdsed3-debian-9-php-7.0.sh sudo chmod u+x wmdsed3-debian-9-php-7.0.sh ./wmdsed3-debian-9-php-7.0.sh your_email_address_here
Please remember to save the passwords so that you can use them later if required. You can also check the sample screen-shot below if you have any doubts about the contents of userdata.
Semi-Automatic Installation as Root User
it is sometims possible for the
user data method to fail. If the application
doesn't come up in browser after about 20-30 minutes, you should destroy the droplet on
DigitalOcean and create a new one, but this time don't specify any
After creating the droplet you should map the IP address to the droplet's hostname.
Now login to the server using SSH and using the root password that was emailed to you. You will be asked to change the root password. Do so and then do
cd /root wget https://labs.codepunch.com/dev/bash/debian/wmdsed3-debian-9-php-7.0.sh chmod u+x wmdsed3-debian-9-php-7.0.sh ./wmdsed3-debian-9-php-7.0.sh your_email_address_here
Don't forget to enter the email address in the last command.
This will install the required packages and the application.
- User Guide Home
- Technical Changes in v3
- What's New in v3
- How to Upgrade
- Download & Installation
- Auto Installation on Digital Ocean
- The Cron Job
- Windows Task Scheduler
- Troubleshoot the Installation
- Adding & Removing Domains
- Uploading CSV Data
- Handling Domain Lookups
- Managing Domain Categories
- Bulk Actions on Random Domains
- Domain Display Filters
- Custom Auto Queries
- Subdomains and DNS
- Subdomains and SSL
- TXT / DKIM Scanner
- Subdomain Manager
- Custom Data Columns
- Whois Configuration
- Whois Extraction Tokens
- Historical Whois Data
- Report Generation
- Enable Email Alerts
- Monitor Changes in DNS Records
- Download CSV Reports
- Custom SQL Queries - How To
- Manually Editing Data
- Password Protect the Application
- Create and Administer Users
- Enable Two Factor Authentication (2FA)
- Refresh Domain Data at Regular Intervals
- Monitor Domain Home Page for Text Tokens
- Specify what Lookups should happen by default
- Branding the Installation
- Customize Colors and Font of Domain Table
- Integrating Estibot Data
- Integrating MOZ Data
- How to backup the MySQL database
- Install on Multiple Servers (Pro)
- Auto-Update on Multiple Servers (Pro)
- License Code Setup - Std Edition
- Screen Shots - Themes
- Frequently Asked Questions
A credit card is not required for downloading the trial version.