Multi Server Installation Instructions
Requires Professional Edition License
Only the Professional edition and above supports multi server installation. If you have a standard license, please contact us to upgrade to the professional edition license. You can do so by paying the difference in price.
Install the Main Database Server
- Ensure that the MySQL server accepts remote connections. If you have root access to your server, you can do this by editing the
/etc/mysql/my.cnf(the location depends on the Linux distribution). Please contact us or your hosting provider if you need help with this.
- Download and install Watch My Domains SED. Please see the basic installation instructions.
- Specify the Database Credentials and other details in Config.php
- Make sure that the $install_server_id in Config.php is blank
$install_server_id = "";
- Do you want to do whois lookups from the database server? If Yes, setup the cronjob for processing lookup queues (runq.php).
- Make sure that each secondary server has a unique host name. The host name is selected when you setup the VPS or dedicated server. If you are using shared virtual hosting you cannot run multiple secondary servers from the same server.
- Download and install Watch My Domains SED.
- Specify the database credentials of the main server and other details in config.php
- Make sure that the $install_server_id in Config.php is set to "auto"
$install_server_id = "auto";
- Are you using your main database server to do whois lookups? If No, make sure that one of the secondary
servers uses "default" as the server id.
$install_server_id = "default";
This is very important and required, otherwise the first few lookup queue entries will never get processed. The rest of the servers should use "auto" as above.
- Setup the cronjob for processing lookup queues. Make sure that you use the StartIndex variable ("s") without any value for runq.php. See below.
* * * * * wget -q -O /dev/null "http://www.a.com/wmdsed23/runq.php?s" >/dev/null 2>&1
If you use PHP command-line it will be...
* * * * * php /home/wmdsed/runq.php s >/dev/null 2>&1
Decide if you want to automatically refresh the data at regular intervals. If Yes, use one of the servers to run
makeq.phpas a cronjob. Read more on this here. You can also use different servers to run makeq.php with different settings (for example, one server to refresh whois data, another server to refresh MX data, etc.)
- User Guide Home
- Technical Changes in v3
- What's New in v3
- How to Upgrade
- Download & Installation
- Auto Installation on Digital Ocean
- The Cron Job
- Windows Task Scheduler
- Troubleshoot the Installation
- Adding & Removing Domains
- Uploading CSV Data
- Handling Domain Lookups
- Managing Domain Categories
- Bulk Actions on Random Domains
- Domain Display Filters
- Custom Auto Queries
- Subdomains and DNS
- Subdomains and SSL
- TXT / DKIM Scanner
- Subdomain Manager
- Custom Data Columns
- Whois Configuration
- Whois Extraction Tokens
- Historical Whois Data
- Report Generation
- Enable Email Alerts
- Monitor Changes in DNS Records
- Download CSV Reports
- Custom SQL Queries - How To
- Manually Editing Data
- Password Protect the Application
- Create and Administer Users
- Enable Two Factor Authentication (2FA)
- Refresh Domain Data at Regular Intervals
- Monitor Domain Home Page for Text Tokens
- Specify what Lookups should happen by default
- Branding the Installation
- Customize Colors and Font of Domain Table
- Integrating Estibot Data
- Integrating MOZ Data
- How to backup the MySQL database
- Install on Multiple Servers (Pro)
- Auto-Update on Multiple Servers (Pro)
- License Code Setup - Std Edition
- Screen Shots - Themes
- Frequently Asked Questions
A credit card is not required for downloading the trial version.