How to password protect the installation
Basic Apache Password Protection
You can add password protection to your installation using the basic Apache htaccess authentication. Use this method if you are comfortable with it. However this method doesn't support users with different access rights.
Enabling the built-in User Authentication System
To enable the built-in user authentication, click the 'User Admin' button the sidebar menu. Specify a super-admin username and password. Click the 'Save Super Admin' button.
The next time you open the application in your browser, you will see a login screen similar to the following.
To add additional users, click the 'User Admin' button in the top toolbar.
If you forget your password
There is no way to obtain the password if you forget it because it is saved to database using a one-way encryption (salted+hashed). The only solution is to open 'config.php' file in the root folder of your installation and specify a new username and password pair. You can then login using the new credentials and change the database password from the interface. Then come back to the config.php file and remove the manually added credentials.
Any entries you make in the
config.php file will always override any username + password you
add from within the user interface. So, if you forget your password, follow this procedure to reset the password.
- Type in a user name + password combo in config.php so that you are able to login.
- Login and add a new admin password using the interface.
- While still logged in, edit the config.php and remove the username + password combo in it.
- Logout and login using the username + password specified from the User Interface.
More security options
You can also lockout the user on multiple incorrect login attempts. Simply specify a maximum login attempt count and the time (in minutes) to block in the 'Authentication' tab of 'App Settings' panel.
- User Guide Home
- Technical Changes in v3
- What's New in v3
- How to Upgrade
- Download & Installation
- Auto Installation on Digital Ocean
- The Cron Job
- Windows Task Scheduler
- Troubleshoot the Installation
- Adding & Removing Domains
- Uploading CSV Data
- Handling Domain Lookups
- Managing Domain Categories
- Bulk Actions on Random Domains
- Domain Display Filters
- Custom Auto Queries
- Subdomains and DNS
- Subdomains and SSL
- TXT / DKIM Scanner
- Subdomain Manager
- Custom Data Columns
- Whois Configuration
- Whois Extraction Tokens
- Historical Whois Data
- Report Generation
- Enable Email Alerts
- Monitor Changes in DNS Records
- Download CSV Reports
- Custom SQL Queries - How To
- Manually Editing Data
- Password Protect the Application
- Create and Administer Users
- Enable Two Factor Authentication (2FA)
- Refresh Domain Data at Regular Intervals
- Monitor Domain Home Page for Text Tokens
- Specify what Lookups should happen by default
- Branding the Installation
- Customize Colors and Font of Domain Table
- Integrating Estibot Data
- Integrating MOZ Data
- How to backup the MySQL database
- Install on Multiple Servers (Pro)
- Auto-Update on Multiple Servers (Pro)
- License Code Setup - Std Edition
- Screen Shots - Themes
- Frequently Asked Questions
A credit card is not required for downloading the trial version.