The Cron Job
Watch My Domains SED depends on a cron job for doing the actual lookups. Please make sure that you have setup the cron job properly.
Avoid High Speed High Volume Lookups
Please remember that whois servers have limits on how many lookups can be done per day / per minute, etc. So avoid performing a large number of lookups at a high speed.
You can do this by lowering your cron interval for lookup queue processing or by specifying conservative whois server connection settings (recommended).
Please see whois usage restrictions
Looking up Domains
To lookup the domains, use the small checkmark button in the footer of the domain table or the 'Lookup' button in the side menubar at right.
When you initiate a domain lookup, the lookups don't start to happen immediately. Instead, the domain names are added to a lookup queue. The lookup queue is then processed by your cron setting (setup during installation).
You can use the small 'refresh' button in the footer of the domain table to refresh the display (if there are entries in the lookup queue and you think that the database has been updated at the server.)
Check the Status of Lookups
You can use the
Lookup Queue tab in the lower pane to check the status of Lookup Queues.
- User Guide Home
- Technical Changes in v3
- What's New in v3
- How to Upgrade
- Download & Installation
- The Cron Job
- Windows Task Scheduler
- Troubleshoot the Installation
- Adding & Removing Domains
- Uploading CSV Data
- Handling Domain Lookups
- Managing Domain Categories
- Bulk Actions on Random Domains
- Domain Display Filters
- Custom Auto Queries
- Subdomains and DNS
- Subdomains and SSL
- Subdomain Manager
- Custom Data Columns
- Whois Configuration
- Whois Extraction Tokens
- Historical Whois Data
- Report Generation
- Enable Email Alerts
- Monitor Changes in DNS Records
- Download CSV Reports
- Custom SQL Queries - How To
- Manually Editing Data
- Password Protect the Application
- Create and Administer Users
- Refresh Domain Data at Regular Intervals
- Monitor Domain Home Page for Text Tokens
- Specify what Lookups should happen by default
- Branding the Installation
- Customize Colors and Font of Domain Table
- Integrating Estibot Data
- Integrating MOZ Data
- How to backup the MySQL database
- Install on Multiple Servers (Pro)
- Auto-Update on Multiple Servers (Pro)
- License Code Setup - Std Edition
- Screen Shots - Themes
- Frequently Asked Questions
A credit card is not required for downloading the trial version.